Old October 14th 14, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default C2C Smart

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:56:26 on Tue, 14 Oct 2014,
remarked:
There was speculation that Oyster on National Rail launched on the
16th might have co-incided with the new TSGN franchise starting on
the 14th.

Well I can see why there might have been a desire to "celebrate"
something positive at the same time even though it is really a
Southern Railway launch and they're not within TSGN just yet. Clearly,
though, the work SR have done will be a help to the wider TSGN
aspirations to extend ITSO and Oyster. I'm assuming the wider Govia
ownership of the companies will ensure the knowledge is shared.

I just wish that Govia would aspire to more useful ticketing like
m-tickets (that FCC had) and print at home which Cross Country offer.
Will the ITSO card offer more than seasons and Oyster functionality
within London?

The opposite; when people have introduced ITSO they first offer just
point-to-point walk-up fares, and seasons later, Travelcard much
later.

Only walk-up fares that have to be picked up at a station ticket window or
machine. No use for shifting queues at Cambridge

--
Colin Rosenstiel