Old October 21st 14, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default October half-term - 50% off all SWT off-peak day returns!

In article ,
(roger) wrote:

On 21/10/14 19:09, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/halfterm.aspx
This October half-term enjoy 50% off SWT standard off-peak day return
tickets every day from Saturday 25 to Friday 31 October 2014.

And a minor rant because one of my old schools doesn't have half-term
that week but instead this one. And the others my sister, my neighbours
and I variously went to have a fortnight this week and next. Though as
we all left school in the 1990s (and I only know the term dates from
mini-research on why letting schools set their own is a bad thing for
any family with any connection to more than one school - in my day
things were even worse) it doesn't actually matter to any of us now.

But would a parent whose children have the wrong week off have any legal
basis for a discrimination complaint? And would the outcome be different
for those off in the wrong week vs those with a fortnight that does
cover the week of the offer?

My friend has children off both this week and next. And to add
insult to injury neither school would let their children have the
week off for a holiday. There is a huge difference over Christmas
and the weeks are different again in February.

It has got very stupid and something has to give.

I blame private schools...

--
Colin Rosenstiel