Old October 26th 14, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default TfL to possibly buy 200 extra New Bus for London

On 2014-10-26 15:02:09 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Only applies to cars "launched", it says. So at least people can
continue to make cars (launched previously) where a good driver can
steer both ends (the front with the wheel, the back with the foot).

Most drivers do not have that skill, so the overall effect will be
beneficial. Same with ABS, because most drivers aren't quick enough with
the pedal to do the same thing manually (and in any case no car has
separate single wheel manual braking control, so ABS can pretty much always do it better).

Most cars allow the ASC to be switched off, though some manufacturers still
keep a milder version turned on in the background. My car has an ASC button
next to the Sport button (used to change the Auto shift pattern and lock
out sixth gear). By default, ASC is on and Sport off. But I don't think any
cars allow ABS to be turned off.