Old October 27th 14, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default TfL to possibly buy 200 extra New Bus for London

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:37:12 on Mon, 27 Oct
2014, Neil Williams remarked:
If you want 75% of the power put on the road through the left wheel,
and 25% through the right wheel, how does braking the right wheel
achieve that without absorbing some of the engine power?

It will need to apply a small force to the wheel, but I can't see why
it would absorb any significant power as that would just go to the
other wheel via the diff.

That sounds fine if you aren't attempting to put any power on the road
through the 'spinning' wheel. I'm looking at the case where you want
about half the power that would otherwise be sent through the rubber to remain.

With ASC, you would be putting some power through the wheel that would
wastefully spin with a locking diff. The brakes don't lock the wheel if
there's some traction to be had, but just slow it enough to grab whatever
limited traction is available on the slippy surface.