Old November 1st 14, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

In article ,
lid (Arthur Figgis) wrote:

On 01/11/2014 22:24,
wrote:
I'm planning a day trip around London for some Cambridge students who
may not know it well. I'm trying to work out an itinerary for early
December, either Friday 5th or Saturday 6th. I've got an initial list of
places or feature to visit or pass through:

DLR
Overground, inc East London, Crystal Palace
Tramlink
Woolwich ferry
New Routemaster
Old Routemaster, H15 or H9

There's a specific reason for including Crystal Palace. Anyone see
anything
or anywhere worthwhile I'm overlooking?

The Underground seems the glaring omission, unless that is deliberate
or taken as read.

There are clear features to see, especially S Stock which is new (though
pretty similar to the Overground 378s in a number of respects). My problem
is working out places to go to take in some highlights. The JLE after dark
would be good for platform edge doors I suppose. There is The Drain but it's
not the working museum it once was these days. As we're arriving at King's
Cross we'll almost certainly use the Victoria Line on our way somewhere.

Is this intended to be technical highlights, heritage, spotterish,
one-of-each-system or something else?

A bit of everything more of interest to enthusiasts with a bit of
sightseeing thrown in as a fringe benefit I suppose. That said, we might
just have a free evening on the town after dark.

--
Colin Rosenstiel