Old November 2nd 14, 11:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

In article

rg, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,

(Basil Jet) wrote:

The pantograph changeovers at Drayton Park and Mitre Bridge.

Also Farringdon. I couldn't see much at Mitre Bridge and that was
when they had to stop.

You might wait a very long time to see a pan going up or down at
Farringdon. The changeover now happens at City Thameslink.

When did that change? I thought I'd seen pan raising there since the
platform extensions. Last time I remember was the last day of the A stock,
September 2013?

But Farringdon remains an interesting station in transition (remember,
in 1863 it was the City terminus of the world's first underground
railway, and will soon be one of the world's busiest underground and
interchange stations).

It doesn't have much to chow of that history these days IME.

--
Colin Rosenstiel