Old November 3rd 14, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

In message , at 18:38:27
on Sun, 2 Nov 2014, remarked:

The silver tubes which stop big trains going into small tunnels at
Barons Court, Finchley Road.

Could be hard to see from a moving train.

Best from a District Line train. Suggest going west as that gives you
notice because you can start looking from where the Piccadilly emerges
from the tunnel.

The Eurostar station at St Pancras and the former one at Waterloo.

Difficult to see much when not travelling which I suspect quite a few on the
trip might have done.

Huh? the only bit at St Pancras you can't see is the departure lounge
(which is pretty mundane). I was at Waterloo a couple of months ago and
there's work going on at the old station which is visible from the
mezzanine floor.