Old November 3rd 14, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

On 03/11/2014 07:31, Basil Jet wrote:

The Strand Underpass is of note, being converted from a former tram
subway and being tiny compared to pretty much any other road tunnel you
will ever go through. I don't know if buses still go through it in the
rush hour. Occasionally the northern end of the tram subway is open for
art events, allowing pedestrian access to the former platforms with old
roundels, but I doubt if the day of your trip will be such a day. The
tram tracks leading down from the Theobalds Road junction are of minor
interest. I believe that the small square archway in Holloway Road
almost opposite Witley Road is the only other place that you can still
see abandoned tram tracks, see
https://www.flickr.com/photos/warsaw...57626135089492

Route 521 (nee Red Arrow) buses go through the Strand Underpass all day
long (weekdays only), not just at rush hour. There's no service on this
route at weekends & bank holidays. In particular when it was still a
bendy bus, it had a bit of a roller coaster feel to it (cheap thrills!).

Abandoned tram tracks live on in the Brixton Hill tram depot, used these
days as an outstation (if that's the right term?) for Brixton bus garage
just up the road:
http://www.urban75.org/brixton/history/brixton-hill-tram-depot.html

Also a tiny bit of old tram tracks in Ilford was exposed and 'put on
display' as part of streetscape redevelopments:
https://www.facebook.com/IlfordInPictures/posts/633198370074697