Old November 4th 14, 12:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Adventurous Tram Ride?

In article ,
() wrote:

On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 16:28:33 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 00:48:02 -0800 (PST), peter
wrote:

I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink
train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown
Destination'. There must be a story there!

They probably can't show Mitcham Junction where I think the trams were
terminating while track doubling works were going on. Sorry to spoil
the mystery!

The one we caught on Thursday from Wimbledon had Mitcham Junction on
the front, Coming from out of town I didn't know anything about the
track work and had a "First time I have ever decided to use the Tram
as a Transport link instead of a pleasure ride when it opened and they
close the bloody thing moment". Fortunately the 30 mins or so added to
our trip due the replacement bus being caught in slow traffic didn't
really affect the day much.

I think heard someone say the works have overrun when I took Tramlink from
Wimbledon to East Croydon today. We had to wait at Mitcham Junction tram
stop for a tram to come the other way with a pilotman. While we were waiting
there was a stop board and light on one rail ahead which was lifted off when
the pilotman boarded. The signal was covered over.

--
Colin Rosenstiel