Old November 4th 14, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

wrote:
In article

, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
(Theo Markettos) wrote:

wrote:
I agree a look at the tram subway ramp would be good. People won't
have seen conduit tram tracks before.

FWIW the tram subway is being used as a depot/RVP/whatever for
Crossrail, so I don't know what access will be like. You might get
run over by diggers or something.

I was assuming we would only look through the gates on Southampton
Row. It was what I did as a kid.

Here's some pics I took on a visit to an art installation there five years
ago:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7622549498612/

Very interesting. I'm curious why there is no visible tram track in Holborn
tram station though.

The track has been removed in most of the tunnel, once you get to the
bottom of the ramp, but you can still see the power pickup slot in some
parts, though not in the station area.