Old November 5th 14, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

In message ,
wrote:
I'm planning a day trip around London for some Cambridge students who may
not know it well. I'm trying to work out an itinerary for early December,
either Friday 5th or Saturday 6th. I've got an initial list of places or
feature to visit or pass through:

DLR
Overground, inc East London, Crystal Palace
Tramlink
Woolwich ferry
New Routemaster
Old Routemaster, H15 or H9

There's a specific reason for including Crystal Palace. Anyone see anything
or anywhere worthwhile I'm overlooking?

River buses?

I always recommend to people that they ride the DLR at least between
Limehouse and Crossharbour. That's the most scenic bit. Though a
hardened transport person might also want to do the bit through the
Royals.

Also, take the Jubilee to Canary Wharf and come up into the station. I
always love the dramatic feel of that huge overhead space with the roof
- almost cathedral-like - and then the sudden realization that that roof
is at ground level! Followed by the ride up the escalators to the exit
at the west end. Do this before using the station *from* ground level.

The roof at Liverpool Street - spot the join between the old and new
bits.

St.Pancras, since they've cleaned it up.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org