Old July 19th 03, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Borough boundaries

"Dave" wrote in message

So perhaps we should wind back *all* the 1960s local Government
revisions and go back to having local parish councils only.

While I agree with most of your points, I don't know what you mean here.
Before the GLC was formed, we had boroughs (e.g. Bromley, Beckenham) and
urban districts (e.g. Penge, Orpington), and above them in the hierarchy
there was a county council (Kent for those areas). That's not "having local
parish councils only".
--
Richard J.