Old November 7th 14, 06:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

On 07/11/2014 00:26, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
[...]
BTW I'm sure I've seen -- well, experienced in the form of a "reboot"
-- the pan go down at Farringdon s/b. This was on an Electrostar,
maybe they're different?

How recently? I thought they'd switched to City Thameslink a few months
ago. I'm pretty sure I've noticed it there on a 377.

A month, maybe? And quite a regular observation, although not every
time by any means.

I suppose the other question is in which direction? Are they switching at
different locations Northbound and Southbound?

Yes, I wondered about that, but from my observations, it's the same both
ways (ie, City Thameslink).

I suppose it's a bit unusual, but is the voltage changeover that big an
attraction? (I guess it it!)