Old November 7th 14, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

On 2014\11\07 10:16, Recliner wrote:
wrote:

I wonder why some trains change at Farringdon then?

Dunno. Maybe they are expected to keep up to speed with changes at both
stations?

The plan in the TL2000 documents was to do all changeovers at City
instead of Farringdon, because the dual-electrified sidings at City can
be used to get trains with pantographs stuck up or down out of the way
of the other trains. Farringdon of course used to have the
dual-electrified Moorgate Branch as a place to hide trains with stuck
pantographs, but lost that when the platforms were extended over the
junction (which I presume has happened by now), so I'd be very surprised
if any trains were still changing power at Farringdon.