Old November 9th 14, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 15:41:59 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 15:27:51 on Sat, 8 Nov
2014, Clive Page remarked:
remains of all the stuff under Smithfield, City Thameslink with an
absolutely perfect 90s look (you can almost feel the shoulder pads)
including a blanked-off door that should have gone to the Jubilee
line,

Where is that then? And I didn't know that the Jubilee Line went near
enough.

I presume this would have been on the branch which was built as far as
Charing Cross, whose JLE station is used now mainly as a film set.

Yes, I think the door in question is now "just" an emergency exit that
leads to a larger passage than you'd need (citation needed, but can't
find one!). At the time, it was expected that the extension would go
that way.

Richard.