Old November 10th 14, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MikeS MikeS is offline

Default Mastercard's "Fare Free Friday" for contactless travel - 14 & 28 Nov

"Mizter T" wrote in message
http://www.cityam.com/1415624433/mastercard-fare-free-friday-free-travel-londoners-14-and-28-november-using-contactless

Friday 14 and Friday 28 November, part of Mastercard's ongoing "Priceless
London" promotional exercise.

Those looking to exploit this to the full should note that contactless
cards don't work 'Oyster-style' (tap-in etc) on the cable car or on river
buses, nor does it work on the 15H Heritage Routemaster buses.

But Watford Junction, Broxbourne, Shenfield and Grays - as stations
outside the zones but in what was once given the unofficial moniker
'Oyster-land' (now 'Oyster & contactless land'?) - are some of the exotic
destinations one can reach gratis courtesy of the card with the Venn
diagram.

Alas, I'm 'with' Visa (which payment network a debit or credit card is
with is not something that exercises me a great deal!)

Before anyone gets carried away with the idea of totally free unlimited
travel for the day it may be as well to read the full T&Cs. I found them
here
(http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...&goto=newpost\
) and noticed two in particular worth reading:

5. The offer entitles MasterCard Contactless card and device holders to
receive a refund against their travel costs, made with a MasterCard
Contactless card or device, on the London Underground, London Buses, London
Overground, Docklands Light Railway, participating National Rail services in
London and the Tramlink during the Promotional Period, to a maximum value of
£9.80. The offer is as stated and nothing else is included.

6. The refund will take up to 28 working days from the end of the
Promotional Period to appear in the MasterCard Contactless card and device
holder's account.