Old November 10th 14, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Mastercard's "Fare Free Friday" for contactless travel - 14 &28 Nov

On 10/11/2014 20:07, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 19:58:46 on Mon, 10 Nov
2014, MikeS remarked:

a refund

to a maximum value of £9.80.

So that's roughly zone 2 peak, zone 6 off-peak. Or one or two zones if
you avoid the central area.

Did the newspaper jump the gun with the £21.80 figure?

It was a tech news website, TechRadar, that produced the £21.80 figure.
It looks like they might well have just picked the highest daily cap
they found (£21.80 being the highest cap for TfL tariff services, e.g.
the 'Tube' rate).

I did look on the Mastercard Priceless website for further info before
posting but alas I couldn't anything - I should have looked around
elsewhere a bit more first.