Old November 11th 14, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Transport sights for a London day trip

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:12:27 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 09:54:47 on Tue, 11
Nov 2014, d remarked:
But is it used anywhere as busy as Farringdon? SDO is fine for lightly

used stations, but not suitable for a station where a large percentage

of the train will be alighting (particularly once Crossrail opens).

Well there are certainly even more people alightning now they've all got to

schlep over to the circle line to continue their journeys to the City.

Previously having changed at Kings Cross Thameslink I suppose? Although
when I did the odd trip on that route I changed at Farringdon anyway (in
both directions), because of the narrow and congested platforms at KX-T.

I think Boltar was referring to people who had come on through
Thameslink trains from Luton, etc, and wanted to go to Moorgate. They
now have to change, where they once didn't need to.