Old November 11th 14, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mastercard's "Fare Free Friday" for contactless travel - 14 & 28 Nov

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 21:05:13 on Mon, 10 Nov
2014, Mizter T remarked:
a refund
to a maximum value of £9.80.

So that's roughly zone 2 peak, zone 6 off-peak. Or one or two zones if
you avoid the central area.

The first sentence I understand - you're alluding to the peak zones 1&2
cap, and the off-peak zones 1-6 cap.

But the second sentence I can't decipher - these days there are no
daily caps that exclude zone 1 (used to be, and sadly missed, but
that's another story).

I was taking it off a pdf I googled from the TfL site (I can never
navigate that site to a price-list, they seem to keep it well hidden).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms...lt-fares-jan-2
014.pdf

And that shows (eg) an off-peak price cap of £8.50 for Z5-6 on the top
line of page 2. It's also populated with the £21.80 figure (for zonal
combinations not including Z1).

Yes, but £8.50 is also the off-peak price cap for Z1-6!

--
Colin Rosenstiel