Old April 23rd 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

In article , Steve
writes
I've borne it in mind. And I will continue to use the correct
expression, which is "wheelchair-bound".

This is in danger of turning into a PC-ness argument, but I must ask why you
think the expression 'wheelchair-bound' is correct compared with
'wheelchair-user'?

Somebody who sits in a wheelchair and uses it to get around is, surely, a
user of the wheelchair, thus, a wheelchair user.

I've used wheelchairs. But when I did, I could have walked in an
emergency.

The people we're talking about are those who *can't* leave their
wheelchair to walk.

Wheelchair-bound implies to me that the person is physically tied, or,
'bound' to it?

And house-bound means they're tied into their house?

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: