Old April 24th 04, 01:05 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
kedron kedron is offline

Default Station names

On 24-Apr-2004, John Rowland wrote in
:

Kilburn Park ----------- Kilburn Central

Except that Kilburn Park station is not in the centre of Kilburn, but
Kilburn High Road station is.

Stonebridge Park ------- OK (no idea what else to call it)

Tokyngton. Stonebridge Park is an insignificant road, closer to Harlesden
Station.

How about calling all the stations north of Maida Vale: "**** hole", apart
from Stonebridge Park, of course, which would be "**** hole Central".

Mind you, Stonebridge Park boasts the famous "Ace Cafe" where,
bizarrely, criminals, Hells Angels and police constables eat breakfast
together most mornings in perfect harmony.

Bless em.

As for Harrow and Wealdstone, that should be called "Scotland".

kedron

North Wembley ---------- OK
South Kenton ----------- OK

Except that South Kenton station is actually in North Wembley. Perhaps it
could be called Preston West... or Preston Western has more of a ring to it.

Harrow and Wealdstone -- Wealdstone

I agree totally on this one. I think the name may have something to do with
the old boundary between Harrow and Wealdstone boroughs, but I only have a
borough map of the area going back to the 1950s, and Wealdstone borough had
already been absorbed by then.