Old November 15th 14, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ITSO Travelcards

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:42:56 on Sat, 15 Nov 2014,
remarked:
I was more thinking of automatic pickup at gates of tickets bought
online. That's the desperate need at Cambridge where ticket vending
capacity is stretched beyond breaking point at the strangest of times.

Queues out of the door between 9 and 10 on Saturday mornings I knew about
but 4 on a Friday afternoon (according to a Tweet by Mary Beard) was a
new one yesterday.

I've joined in the tweets. Perhaps they should relocate a dispensing
facility to the toilets, like in Ely.

Yes, Roland, I joined you in!

Friday afternoon is presumably non-season-ticket holders - weekly
commuters, or people going to London for the weekend.

Well, the immense queues won't involve commuters with seasons, to be sure.
Like I said, Friday afternoon was a new one to me.

--
Colin Rosenstiel