Old November 16th 14, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default ITSO Travelcards

In message , at 23:52:00 on
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I currently possess a Southern "The Key", but alas am yet to use it. The
main place I would kill for it to work is Gatwick Airport - just being able
to pick up tickets at the gate avoiding the /dreadful/ queues at Gatwick
would be fantastic (i.e. PAYG is not the requirement for me personally.)
It seems to be a race though as to which will get to Gatwick first - The
Key or Oyster...

Surely the Southern Key *does* work at Gatwick?

That's what I'd have thought.

http://www.southernrailway.com/ticke...fares/the-key/

https://www.southernrailway.com/smar...s/routemap.pdf

The one current weakness is that you cannot collect an online ordered
ticket via a gate or validator inside the zonal area. It only works
from Southern stations to the London area or other Southern stations.
Still that would allow you to collect a pre-ordered ticket *at*
Gatwick as you go through the gateline for travel back to Victoria.

The "collect in London" facility is promised for "later this year"
which I assume refers to 2014 but we'll see.

The history of ITSO is peppered with announcements about things
happening "later this year", which were still awaited 18 months later.