Old November 24th 14, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 07:49:27 -0800 (PST)
Mark wrote:
On Saturday, 22 November 2014 11:01:54 UTC, wrote:
Well its detered me. If I continue on the victoria and change at green
park to the jubilee it almost always gets me to canada water quicker than
the ELL even though its a much longer distance.

But with the inconvenience of the not very convenient change at Green Park.

TBH the walk from the victoria to the jubilee at green park isn't that much
further than from the victoria to the ELL at highbury.

I thought that too and that the ELL "extensions" were a white elephant -
creating a fake "new" service. I was wrong though, and the passenger
numbers seem to prove there was a latent demand there. I rarely use it
myself but the trains are standing only at Norwood Junction in the mornings,
and rammed by the time they get to the old ELL.

Strange. I wonder where they're all going. Hipsters commuting to/from shorditch
or Hoxton?

--
Spud