Old November 24th 14, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

On 2014-11-24 18:25:35 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Incidentally, I was on an S stock recently going through Mansion House,
I think, and messages appeared on the LED display warning that the rear
door would not open. However, I could see that the same message was
appearing on the displays all the way through the train. It seems lazy
to me that they tell people in the front carriage that the rear door
won't open.

The design element I'd change there is that the visual indication at
the door of "door out of use" does not display until the release is
pressed, whereas it'd be more useful if it appeared on departure from
the previous station.

Neil
--
Neil Williams