Old November 24th 14, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2014\11\22 15:49, Mark wrote:

I thought that too and that the ELL "extensions" were a white elephant -
creating a fake "new" service. I was wrong though, and the passenger
numbers seem to prove there was a latent demand there. I rarely use it
myself but the trains are standing only at Norwood Junction in the mornings,
and rammed by the time they get to the old ELL.

Maybe they could stick an extra couple of carriages on the back... the
trains are walk-though, after all.

I think they'd be more useful in the middle than the end! Actually, all
the 378s are bing lengthened to five cars, starting now; the first 5-car
unit has just been delivered. Short platform lengths at some stations limit
future lengthening.