Old November 24th 14, 11:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2014\11\22 15:49, Mark wrote:

I thought that too and that the ELL "extensions" were a white elephant -
creating a fake "new" service. I was wrong though, and the passenger
numbers seem to prove there was a latent demand there. I rarely use it
myself but the trains are standing only at Norwood Junction in the
mornings, and rammed by the time they get to the old ELL.

Maybe they could stick an extra couple of carriages on the back...
the trains are walk-though, after all.

That makes it considerably harder to just "stick an extra couple of
carriages on the back" of course. With the equipment shared between
carriages and distributed through modern trains the days of such simple
shunting are long gone.

--
Colin Rosenstiel