Old November 26th 14, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 09:49:37AM +0000, d wrote:
On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 07:49:27 -0800 (PST)
Mark wrote:
I thought that too and that the ELL "extensions" were a white elephant -
creating a fake "new" service. I was wrong though, and the passenger
numbers seem to prove there was a latent demand there. I rarely use it
myself but the trains are standing only at Norwood Junction in the mornings,
and rammed by the time they get to the old ELL.

Strange. I wonder where they're all going. Hipsters commuting to/from shorditch

Lots of them get off at Canada Water. I presume that they're heading for
the Jubilee line and Canary Wharf.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

All principles of gravity are negated by fear
-- Cartoon Law IV