Old November 27th 14, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Bestley[_2_] Mark Bestley[_2_] is offline

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:06:57
on Thu, 27 Nov 2014, David Cantrell remarked:
Short platform lengths at some stations limit
future lengthening.
I don't understand this. Are people really too ****ing stupid to
understand announcements like "passengers for Some Station must travel
in the front four carriages"? Cos those work just fine elsewhere on the
rail network.
With ungangwayed 4-car units it's not always obvious which one you are
in without getting out and having a look ...

Hence all the "this is coach [pause] 5 [pause] of [pause] 8"
announcements.

None of the (splitting) trains I've been on have that sort of
announcement.

A standard Southern message on I think all 377s not just those that
split. (I forget if 455s have this as a screen message)

--
Mark