Old November 30th 14, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 00:50:10 on Sun, 30 Nov
2014, " remarked:
With ungangwayed 4-car units it's not always obvious which one you
are in without getting out and having a look ...

Hence all the "this is coach [pause] 5 [pause] of [pause] 8"
announcements.

None of the (splitting) trains I've been on have that sort of
announcement.

I hear it all the time on trains out of Victoria via Eastbourne.

Yes, I think we've established there are announcements sarf of the
river, but that's not the routes I travel on that have splitting
trains.

You just haven't lived!

--
Colin Rosenstiel