Old December 1st 14, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground speed - or lack thereof

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 12:47:05PM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 00:50:10 on Sun, 30 Nov
2014, " remarked:
With ungangwayed 4-car units it's not always obvious which one you are
in without getting out and having a look ...
Hence all the "this is coach [pause] 5 [pause] of [pause] 8"
announcements.
None of the (splitting) trains I've been on have that sort of announcement.

I hear it all the time on trains out of Victoria via Eastbourne.

Yes, I think we've established there are announcements sarf of the
river, but that's not the routes I travel on that have splitting trains.

That doesn't matter. That they exist in some places, and that passengers
can cope with having to be in particular carriages to go to some
stations, demonstrates that there is no good reason to not have trains
that are longer than some platforms.

--
David Cantrell | Pope | First Church of the Symmetrical Internet

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you're reading it in English, thank Chaucer.