Old December 2nd 14, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo Line Extension

In article ,
(e27002) wrote:

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:26:03 PM UTC+1, Robin9 wrote:
I've just read an article in today's Evening Standard about some
London Assembly politicians disagreeing with a southward extension of
the Bakerloo Line.
I didn't know an extension was being seriously considered - in fact I
still don't - but apparently the Mayor has instructed TfL to plan an
extension via Lewisham to Bromley. According to the Standard, those
disagreeing feel an extension in a more south-westerly direction
would serve Londoners better.

Does anyone have either more details or a firm opinion on this?

So currently Northern Line tubes coming into Waterloo from the South
have often started from Kennington and have plenty of available
seats, and standing space. And, Bakerloo line trains coming into
Waterloo from the South, have started from Elephant and Castle, and
have ample seating, and standing space.

Those brilliant politicians have decided that since commuters
arriving at Victoria Mainline station have to suffer impossibly
packed tube trains, the same pain should be inflicted on Waterloo's
commuters.

Absolutely Brilliant thinking.

Huh? The Victoria Line always seems pretty empty south of Victoria when I
use it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel