Old December 2nd 14, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default HEX Ripoff ....

On 01/12/2014 20:26, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
"JNugent" wrote

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.

If you're travelling alone. If you share the taxi - and the cost-
with other people, the cost per person is quite reasonable for the
door-to-door convenience.

A taxi can also be cheaper than a week's parking at many airports.

You usually have to be living fairly close to the airport (and certainly

around its nominal names town or city) for that to be the case. I live
over 70m from Heathrow. There is no way that a taxi (both ways) can
compete with parking at the airport. At least, not just in cost.

Perhaps we need a optimiser ?

Cheap parking at the airport often needs an extra car to shuttle bus
interchange.

That (the bus) is always provided at major airport car-parks.

So near-to-airport parking plus taxi is worth pricing as is long-term
hotel parking included in the overnight rate.

Not necessary.

And does anyone offer a valet to drive your car from hotel to airport
when you leave and park it afterwards ?

The place I use offers that as an extra service, at an extra charge.