Old December 5th 14, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Overground - hopeless

I've given up using the overground from highbury - its just a totally
inadequate service.

The main problem I can see a

- Train service too infrequent in the rush hour. Waiting 6-7 minutes for a
train to turn up then leave when the platform is bursting is absurd.

- The 387s are hopeless for a metro service. Poor acceleration and whoever
thought 2 narrow sets of doors would be adequate for a line this busy
should be sacked. I timed a packed train emptying at Highbury this week
and it took over 2 minutes for everyone to get off through all the people
waiting to get on.

- 2 out of every 3 northbound trains terminating at dalston junction is a
joke. Hardly anyone goes to Dalston, almost everyone goes to highbury.

--
Spud