Old December 5th 14, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground - hopeless

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 19:42:31 GMT,
d wrote:

I've given up using the overground from highbury - its just a totally
inadequate service.

The main problem I can see a

- Train service too infrequent in the rush hour. Waiting 6-7 minutes for
a train to turn up then leave when the platform is bursting is absurd.

Every 7-8 mins is the scheduled peak headway. The NLL is planned to
go up to every 6 minutes eventually. No idea about the ELL
intensifying the service to Highbury.

I must admit I can't see why more trains don't go to Highbury. It's not
obvious why terminating at Dalston Junction is a good idea except that the
original ELL extension plan only went there, with the Highbury extension
following later for some reason.

--
Colin Rosenstiel