Old December 5th 14, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground - hopeless

wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 19:42:31 GMT,
d wrote:

I've given up using the overground from highbury - its just a totally
inadequate service.

The main problem I can see a

- Train service too infrequent in the rush hour. Waiting 6-7 minutes for
a train to turn up then leave when the platform is bursting is absurd.

Every 7-8 mins is the scheduled peak headway. The NLL is planned to
go up to every 6 minutes eventually. No idea about the ELL
intensifying the service to Highbury.

I must admit I can't see why more trains don't go to Highbury. It's not
obvious why terminating at Dalston Junction is a good idea except that the
original ELL extension plan only went there, with the Highbury extension
following later for some reason.

Is it to do with track layout? There are two bay platforms at Dalston
Junction, but I think only one at H&I.