Old December 6th 14, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground - hopeless

" wrote:
On 06.12.14 10:37, Robin wrote:
I've given up using the overground from highbury - its just a totally
inadequate service.

As it's my local line I find that a wee bit hyperbolic It is
undeniably overloaded much of the time but I rarely fail to get on and
I'm a FOG.

And did anyone predict the growth in traffic at the time of decisions on
the NLL and ELL? I certainly don't seem to recall anyone forecasting eg
14 per cent growth in London's population in the noughties, let alone
the nature and location of that growth. And while it is just my
impression, that growth accounts for a sizeable fraction of passengers
at Highbury and Islington.

I wonder why they have not yet introduced five-car operation, considering
the passenger volumes, even though they have not finished making such
adjustments at all stations. Could they not lock out the doors in the
fifth car at stations were five-car operation is not yet available,
requiring passengers to move forward?

My guess is that doing this would kill dwell times, and that it is all
the doors are on the 378s are in one zone.

They have. The first five-car 378 was recently put into service, and
they'll all b extended in due course.