Old December 22nd 14, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:03:18 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
" wrote:
Forgive me, please, if I asked this question earlier, but what's the deal
at this point with re-extending the Bakerloo Line out to Watford
Junction? Or is that dead with the emphasis now on extending further
south from Elephant & Castle?

That's been dead for years, long before the southern extension of the
Bakerloo became an active proposal. And there's no chance if it now, with
the Met also going to Watford Junction.

Seems odd given its the cheapest line "extension" they could do. Just plonk
the 4th rail back on its insulators and bobs your uncle. The power supply
system is already in place.

There's not enough traffic to warrant it, and there won't be enough
platforms for Bakerloo trains to terminate and reverse at Watford Junction.