Old July 20th 03, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Huge Huge is offline

Default Crossrail

Michael Bell writes:
In article , Dave
wrote:
Roger H. Bennett writes
Cross-London regional journeys are difficult to make at present, so
Crossrail, TL2K and more effective use of the Willesden Junc-Clapham
route will help that - although the latter route probably suffers
because it avoids central London.

I was thinking of intercity journeys but not necessarily intercity
trains. A regional train from Peterborough or Cambridge, with limited
stops, could provide a more attractive alternative than going to Kings
Cross, changing to the Tube, then changing again at another London
terminus.

Those are what are what is meant by 'regional' journeys.

We already have Thameslink services from Brighton to Bedford. When the
Bedford electrification is extended northwards, as surely it must be
in the end,

Although we will likely all be retired by then.