Old January 12th 15, 06:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

In message
-septem
ber.org, Recliner wrote:
I happened to have my GPS with me on an LO trip to Watford yesterday, and
found that the peak speed was about 45mph. Considering how closely spaced
the stations are, that's probably not bad, and hardly slower than an S
stock train would do it.

It's possibly changed, but when I last checked the speed limit on that
line was 45 mph from South Hampstead to Bushey (with a few short bits
with a lower limit) and 35 from there to Watford. Trains without
tripcocks were restricted to 25 south of Harrow & Wealdstone. Goods
trains were restricted to 15 and 40 respectively.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org