Old January 13th 15, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2015\01\13 16:40,
wrote:

It was singled to get it electrified through the tunnel which would
otherwise have been problematic.

Although I now wonder if it would be possible to triple the Canonbury
Curve, with the outer two third-rail-electrified tracks overlapping
with the central overhead-electrified one.

There's no third rail electrification near to the curve now. The only third
rail lines anywhere near are the East London Line pair of tracks with no
physical connection to the North London Line except the so far never
commissioned "stock transfer" connection some way to the west, at the end of
platform 2 at Highbury and Islington. I suspect connection will never be
commissioned now. They can use the connection at Clapham Junction far more
easily. The East London extension to Highbury was planned before the South
London Line takeover was planned.

--
Colin Rosenstiel