Old January 14th 15, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 11:47:55 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:40:34 -0600
wrote:
Well it makes more sense than thousands of people spilling out at
finsbury, shuffling onto the victoria line - which is already seriously
overcrowded there in the rush hour - for one stop then getting off at
highbury when there is an underused freight line - albeit single track
- onto the NLL that could have been used for passenger trains.

It was singled to get it electrified through the tunnel which would
otherwise have been problematic. It's not really an answer here because
it would mean a flat crossing of the North London line.

So? Its not the M25. I've waited at H&I and not seen a train go past
on the NLL for 10 minutes.

ITYF that capacity is already constrained on the NLL, mainly unsatisfied
freight paths.

"Constrained" obviously has a different meaning in railway parlance then.
Even a couple of trains an hour to finsbury would be better than nothing.

--
Spud