Old April 25th 04, 06:16 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default Station names

"Yanart Amin Ari" wrote in message

Edgware Road ---------- Westy Arabia

Hackney Wick --------- Lesser Istanbul

Palmers Green --------- Palmers Greek

Barons Court ---------- New South Zeeland

Chiswick ----------- Pretoria on Thames

Ok, if we're getting all ethnic..

I believe the north London station has already (on at least one sign) been
renamed Golda's Green by the skilful application of a bit of spray paint?

I expect someone will dive in and claim this is all very non-pc, but I quite
like the idea of recognising London's multinational population in its
station names.

Nothing been suggested to acknowledge the Australians and Huguenots yet, I
think.

--
Brian
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop