Old January 14th 15, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:07:07 -0600,

wrote:

There's no third rail electrification near to the curve now. The only
third rail lines anywhere near are the East London Line pair of tracks
with no physical connection to the North London Line except the so far
never commissioned "stock transfer" connection some way to the west, at
the end of platform 2 at Highbury and Islington. I suspect connection
will never be commissioned now. They can use the connection at Clapham
Junction far more easily. The East London extension to Highbury was
planned before the South London Line takeover was planned.

I read something recently that said it is going to be commissioned as
NR had stopped providing completely ludicrous quotes for the work.
Something far more reasonable has been negotiated and TfL want the
work done. No idea of timescale.

Good news then. Hardly a high priority though, unless I'm missing a reason
for regular use.

--
Colin Rosenstiel