Old April 25th 04, 08:10 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Station names

Brian Watson wrote:

"Yanart Amin Ari" wrote in message

Edgware Road ---------- Westy Arabia

Hackney Wick --------- Lesser Istanbul

Palmers Green --------- Palmers Greek

Barons Court ---------- New South Zeeland

Chiswick ----------- Pretoria on Thames

I wasn't aware of that one.

Ok, if we're getting all ethnic..

I believe the north London station has already (on at least one sign) been
renamed Golda's Green by the skilful application of a bit of spray paint?

I expect someone will dive in and claim this is all very non-pc, but I quite
like the idea of recognising London's multinational population in its
station names.

Nothing been suggested to acknowledge the Australians

Does anyone not already know where to find Australians in London?

and Huguenots yet, I think.

WTF are Huguenots?