Old January 15th 15, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:02:18 on Thu, 15 Jan 2015,
remarked:
If we filter on trains passing through Stratford [so excluding WA,
Chingford etc] and Watford Junction on their way to the respective
stations, in the hour from 8am, it's 35 to Liverpool St and 11 to
Euston.

Recliner has already reminded us we're not just talking about passengers,
with the WCML being the busiest mixed-traffic railway in Europe,
supposedly. Since the discussion is about freight on the NLL we might
have thought you'd have remembered that.

Can you post a link to 24tph freight trains each way on the WCML?

No, but then I never mentioned any such figure.

I can see up to about eight an hour flicking through RTT (4 each way).

Of course there's also freight on the GEML, up to four an hour (2
each way), which sort of puts a limit on the number going GEML-WCML.
Pretty much all of those four go round the NLL, of course.

That is probably the current limit, along with the passenger services. All
this excursion means is that there would not be the paths across that stream
of trains for a regular service via Canonbury Curve as well, remember.

--
Colin Rosenstiel