Old January 15th 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
14:13:37 on Thu, 15 Jan 2015,
remarked:
If we filter on trains passing through Stratford [so excluding WA,
Chingford etc] and Watford Junction on their way to the respective
stations, in the hour from 8am, it's 35 to Liverpool St and 11 to
Euston.

Recliner has already reminded us we're not just talking about
passengers, with the WCML being the busiest mixed-traffic railway in
Europe, supposedly. Since the discussion is about freight on the NLL
we might have thought you'd have remembered that.

Can you post a link to 24tph freight trains each way on the WCML?

No, but then I never mentioned any such figure.

It's what's needed to add to the 11 passenger trains to get towards
the 35 passenger and 2 freights on the GWML.

Eh? Where did the GWML come in? The WCML congestion would be better measured
at Rugby I think. And, of course, freight traffic is depressed in the
passenger peaks. What the Mayor wants is higher frequencies all day on the
NLL.

--
Colin Rosenstiel