Old January 16th 15, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 3 Months TRAVEL CARD Zone 1 to Zone 6 for sale, 200 pounds

In message , at 12:54:13 on
Fri, 16 Jan 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:
is it illegal for him to sell it for whatever it is worth to the buyer?

Of course, as it is linked to a specific numbered photo card, that
value to someone else is going to be no more than "interest" value

As far as I know an adult Travelcard within z1-6 bought at a TfL ticket
office is the one ticket of that type which doesn't require a photocard.

I thought monthly and longer Travelcards do have to be registered
though if issued on an Oyster Card.

Paper travelcard seasons issued from NR stations have to be linked to
a photocard. A quick check of TOC websites shows no exception for
Travelcard seasons not having a photocard. A different practice from
TfL.

Yes, buying at a NR office does require a photocard.

Therefore a ticket wth 3 months value will be linked in some way to an
identifiable individual.

What if they paid cash, or with a prepay credit card?

There is therefore a risk that anyone using it could be charged with
fraud if a ticket inspector picked up on something or just asked some
logical questions.

That'll depend on how many blue moons we have between now and the end of
March!