Old April 25th 04, 12:11 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Seanie O'Kilfoyle Seanie O'Kilfoyle is offline

Default Station names

"Stuart" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:
Ok, if we're getting all ethnic..

I believe the north London station has already (on at least one sign)

been
renamed Golda's Green by the skilful application of a bit of spray

paint?

I expect someone will dive in and claim this is all very non-pc, but I

quite
like the idea of recognising London's multinational population in its
station names.

Only problem is that the ethnic groupings around London change over
time. We'd end up changing the names every 30 or so years.

Nothing been suggested to acknowledge the Australians and Huguenots yet,

think.

Australians have Shepherds Bush!

Yep, they changed that one to Ozzie Bush

Izerntit