Old January 23rd 15, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Tottenham Court Road new ticket hall

In message ,
d wrote:
(We couldn't issue a cancel; that would have been forgery. We
offered to help him do it.)

So you're saying an ISP can't cancel a provably forged news article when the
guys asks you to? Why, are special branch suddenly going to raid the place
on instructions from the forger?

No, because it would have made us look like a rogue node to our peers.
That might seem trivial to you now, but back then it was a big deal.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org